Armadale Academy Vision
Our vision is to inspire, challenge, support and empower our students to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors.
Our school offers the opportunity for all students to succeed.
The excellent facilities available, allied to commitment of our staff, allow us to offer all of our students the highest possible standard of education in a safe, caring and stimulating environment - an environment in which all members of the school community are valued and their achievements recognised.
We aim to offer a range of opportunities that will allow students to achieve and encourage all members of our school community to pursue excellence in everything they do.
Armadale Academy Mission Statement
‘Building Opportunities for Achievement and Pursuing Excellence.’
Armadale Academy School Aims
Our school aims are organised within the five broad areas of Excellence.
Learning and Teaching
- To provide the highest quality of learning and teaching experiences that enable students to enjoy their education and develop positive attitudes towards learning, life and work.
- To ensure a curriculum that provides students with challenge and the best possible learning opportunities and experiences incorporating the design principles of a Curriculum for Excellence.
- To develop the student’s knowledge and understanding of the world in which they live.
- To equip students with the skills, attitudes and expectations required to prosper in a changing society and to encourage creativity, enterprise and ambition.
Vision and Leadership
- To ensure that staff provide high quality leadership, management and support.
- To build and maintain partnerships between the school and the parental body, external agencies and the wider national and international community.
- To ensure that every student enjoys equality of access to the curriculum, regardless of background, needs or disabilities.
- To provide effective support systems for all students which promote personal and social development and underpin academic achievement.
- To improve the quality of learning and teaching through the effective management and organisation of the school’s resources.
- To develop in each student a range of skills that will help the student to cope with the demands of learning, life and work.
- To improve the quality of the educational experiences for students through encouraging staff to fully engage in self-evaluation and continuing professional development.
Culture and Ethos
- To help students maximise their potential for attainment and achievement in all areas of school life.
- To prepare students for responsible citizenship by developing a set of attitudes, values and beliefs compatible with living in a modern, democratic and multicultural society.
- To ensure that all students are able to realise their potential through the promotion and recognition of achievement and excellence.
- To ensure that all students are able to experience a positive and safe learning environment that promotes good behaviour, self discipline and respect for others.
- To provide a welcoming, safe environment in which each student is valued and supported.
- To encourage good health in all students through strategies which promote physical and mental well-being and self-esteem.