Business is a core subject for all students in S1 an S2. It is delivered through an integrated ICT and Business course. The Business based context involves learning around:
- ICT to enhance learning
- Business contexts for developing technological skills and knowledge
Teachers draw on a range of approaches to meet the needs of students through carefully planned and well paced learning experiences. The aim is to provide a classroom climate of creativity and innovation, that will:
- Develop in students an understanding of the role and impact of technologies on changing and influencing societies
- Develop and understanding of students' own, and others, values and beliefs to encourage responsible ethical actions
- Allow students to gain confidence and skills in the use of technologies in a range of contexts
- Allow students to be informed consumers and producers
- Develop an understanding of concepts that encourage enterprise and influence business
- Allow appropriate use of technology
- Provide opportunities for collaborative and individual learning
- Provide opportunities to analyse, explore and reflect
In S2 students can opt into additional Business options as outlined in our S2 Course Choice Booklet.
In S3 students can opt into a Business option aimed at Level 4 Experiences and Outcomes. This course is outlined in our S3 Course Choice Booklet.
In the Senior Phase students can seek to gain qualifications in Business at National 4 to Higher level. Course outlines and entry requirements are available in our Senior Phase Course Choice Booklet.