Computing Science is a core subject for all students in S1 an S2. It is delivered through an integrated ICT and Business course. The Administration based context involves learning around:
- Technological developments in society
- ICT to enhance learning
- Computing Science contexts for developing technological skills and knowledge
Teachers draw on a range of approaches to meet the needs of students through carefully planned and well paced learning experiences. The aim is to provide a classroom climate of creativity and innovation, that will:
- Develop in students an understanding of the role and impact of technologies on changing and influencing societies
- Develop and understanding of students' own, and others, values and beliefs to encourage responsible ethical actions
- Allow students to gain confidence and skills in the use of technologies in a range of contexts
- Allow students to be informed consumers and producers
- Develop an understanding of concepts that encourage enterprise and influence business
- Allow appropriate use of technology
- Provide opportunities for collaborative and individual learning
- Provide opportunities to analyse, explore and reflect
In S2 students can opt into additional Computing Science options as outlined in our S2 Course Choice Booklet.
In S3 students can opt into a Computing Science option aimed at Level 4 Experiences and Outcomes. This course is outlined in our S3 Course Choice Booklet.
In the Senior Phase students can seek to gain qualifications in Computing Science at National 4 to Higher level. Course outlines and entry requirements are available in our Senior Phase Course Choice Booklet.