Drama is a core subject for all students in S1 an S2. Teachers draw on a range of approaches to meet the needs of students through carefully planned and well paced learning experiences. The aim is to provide a classroom climate of creativity and innovation, including
- Active Involvement in Creative Activities and Performances
- Tasks and Performance Opportunities Which Require a Creative Response
- Opportunities to Preform to an Audience
- Partnerships with Professional Performers and Other Creative Adults
- Awareness Raising of Contemporary Culture and Connecting with Students's Experiences
- Appropriate use of Technology
- Opportunities for Collaborative and Individual Learning
- Opportunities to Analyse, Explore and Reflect
In S2 students can opt into an additional Drama option as outlined in our S2 Course Choice Booklet.
In S3 students can opt into a Drama option aimed at Level 4 Experiences and Outcomes. This course is outlined in our S3 Course Choice Booklet.
In the Senior Phase students can seek to gain qualifications in Drama from National 4 through to Higher level. Course outlines and entry requirements are available in our Senior Phase Course Choice Booklet.