S6 Leadership Team
Those on the S6 Leadership Team, S6LT, embody the very best qualities of Armadale Academy and should be an example to the entire school community. S6LT members apply and are interviewed for this group in the summer term of their Fifth Year.
Those selected meet with Mrs McDonald, Head Teacher, on a weekly basis and assist in the leadership and management of the school.
In particular those in the S6LT
- Provide leadership for S6
- Represent the school as appropriate, including Head Boy/Girl and Deputes roles
- Represent school students on the Parent Council
- Lead and manage key S6 Groups, including Year Book and S6 Graduation
- Lead and organise the School Forum
- Support the organisation of whole school events
- Support the recruitment of permanent senior leadership staff
The main motivation for those on the S6LT is a desire to help others. However, S6LT members do get the privilege of wearing a S6LT tie, designed by a former student and S6LT member Nicola Rennie.